JANUARY 14-15, 2017: JOIN THE FOREST RIDERS ON THEIR ANNUAL SNOWMOBILE CHARITY RIDE FOR HOSPICE TO MAHNOMEN!
Plan on meeting at Two Inlets Country Store at 10:00am and take off riding at 11:00am. To book a room at the Shooting Star Casino, call 1-800-453-7827.
- Rooms can be booked under the FOREST RIDERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB block. Room rate is $65 for a double-bed room.
- Pledge sheet are available at Affinity Real Estate Inc. in Park Rapids or email Lou at [email protected].
- Anyone obtaining $100 or more in donations receives a Forest Riders Snowmobile Club hat.
- Over $200 in donations receives a hat and one-year club membership plus MNUSA membership.
- Checks to be made out to the FOREST RIDERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB - put Park Rapids Hospice in memo.
- Pizza gathering will be at 6:00pm at the Shooting Star Casino…first come, first serve!
- Club meeting to be held after pizza at 7:30pm.
Questions? Call or email -
Sharon at 218-252-0085 or [email protected]
Lou at 218-820-5285 or [email protected]
Sunday, Oct. 30: Trail Clean-up Day! Meet at Two Inlets Store at 10:00am for trail assignments. After the clean-up, club members and volunteers will meet at Clancy's at Vacationaire for dinner at 6:00pm and club meeting at 6:30pm. The club will pay for dinner for those who helped work on the trails! Come join us!
Monday, Feb. 22: Club meeting will be held at Osage Bait & Tackle (OBT) at 7:30pm. Come join us!
Note: Due to deteriorating conditions and no favorable weather patterns in the forecast, the 2016 I-500 Race from Winnipeg to Willmar has been cancelled.
Saturday, Jan. 30 - Sunday, Jan. 31: Park Rapids 106 USXC Race - Go to the USXC Facebook page for race route and further details!
Saturday, Jan. 23 - Sunday, Jan. 24: 2nd Annual Charitable Club Ride, Getaway & Meeting at Shooting Star Casino! In conjunction with the ride/getaway, the club will be raising money for Hospice of Park Rapids. Join us on a snowmobile ride to Shooting Star Casino in Mahnomen and spending Saturday night at the hotel for a weekend getaway. Plan on meeting at Two Inlets Country Store at 11:00am and take off riding at noon. To book a room, call Shooting Star Casino at 1-800-453-7827. Please book your room ASAP as we have a block of rooms reserved until Wednesday, January 20. Click on the 2016 Hospice Ride flyer for more details!
Monday, Jan. 4: Club meeting will be held at Family Inn at Vacationaire at 7:30pm. Come join us!
Saturday, Dec. 5: Youth Snowmobile Safety Certification Class will be held at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Two Inlets from 9:00am-1:00pm. If you were born after December 31, 1976, Minnesota law requires individuals to successfully complete a Minnesota-approved Snowmobile Safety Course and obtain a Snowmobile Safety Certificate before riding on public lands.
- Prior to the class, students will need to obtain an instructional CD. The CD can be picked up at the Two Inlets Store, Northview Bank, Affinity Real Estate, Cheryle Wilke at 218-255-1233 or DNR Office.
- The student will study the instructional CD at home, which will take approximately 2-4 hours to complete. After completing the lessons and test, the student will print out the "voucher of completion".
- The "voucher of completion" must be brought to class on Saturday, December 7, and given to an instructor.
- A fee of $5.00 will be collected by the instructor the day of the class. Each student will also pay an online DNR fee of $5.00 upon completion of the course to obtain their certificate, which is valid at age 12.
- During the class on Saturday, a MN DNR conservation officer will give a presentation regarding snowmobile regulations, and a First Responder will talk and demonstrate first aid procedures.
- After the presentations, the students will take a snowmobile riding performance test. Students must bring helmets and appropriate outdoor clothing.
As an alternative to the traditional instruction CD course, the MN DNR is also offering an online course at a cost of $29.95. Youth between ages 11 and 15 must sign up for a follow-up class with the DNR or the Forest Riders while students over the age of 16 can complete the self-certification online. Youth under age 16 must bring the exam completion voucher to the follow-up class and take a snowmobile riding performance test. Once the student has completed the riding test, a signed document will be given to the student to be used to go online and get their Snowmobile Safety Certificate. The $29.95 does not cover the $5 fee for taking the follow-up class. If you have any questions, please go to the Minnesota Snowmobile safety course.
Sunday, Nov. 22: Trail Work Day ~ Club members will meet at Two Inlets Store at 10:00am. Trail work assignments will be handed out. Club meeting will follow work day at Lobo's Bar & Grill (north side of Itasca State Park) at 6:00pm. Club will pay for a meal for anyone participating in the trail work day. All members are welcome...come join us!
Monday, Apr. 27: Club meeting will be held at Family Inn at Vacationaire at 7:30pm (go north on Highway 71 to County 89, turn right and go one mile). This is the final meeting for the 2014-2015 season. All members are welcome...come join us!
Monday, Mar. 2: Club meeting will be held at Lobo's Bar & Grill (north side of Itasca State Park) at 7:00pm. All members are welcome...come join us!
Saturday, Mar. 14 - Sunday, Mar. 15: Charitable Event - Club Getaway & Meeting at Shooting Star Casino! Due to the lack of snow there will not be a club ride, but club members will be driving to the Shooting Star Casino in Mahnomen and spending Saturday night at the hotel for a weekend getaway. In conjunction with the getaway, the club will be raising money for Hospice of Park Rapids. Each participating member will donate $10 and the club will match all donations. If you are not able to attend this event and want to make a donation, please mail your donation payable to the Forest Riders Snowmobile Club, 52190 County Highway 44, Park Rapids, MN 56470.
The club has a block of rooms reserved under the name Forest Riders. Each room has two double beds and the nightly rate is $70.00 plus taxes. Call 800-453-7827 for reservations.
The plan is to arrive on Saturday afternoon at your leisure and check in to your room. The club has reserved a banquet room for a pizza supper and the club meeting. The club will pay for pizza for those who make a donation to Hospice. There will be a cash bar set up in the room. Individuals will be responsible for paying for their beverages. Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the room. The club meeting will be at 7:00pm...this will be our club meeting for March.
Friends of the Forest Riders are welcome to join us and make a donation for this great charity. Those who plan to attend should make their hotel reservations and then contact Sharon Weaver by email ([email protected]) by Wednesday, March 11, 2015 so the club will know how much pizza to order. Remember to bring your swimsuits, cards and games!
We hope to make this an annual charity ride and expect to have adequate snow in the future!
Friday, Jan. 30 - Sunday, Feb. 1: USXC Heartland Park Rapids 106 Race. Race course will be on Fish Hook Lake. Onsite registration is on Friday at First Responders building just east of the Super 8 Motel from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. Qualifying heats will be on Saturday and the races will be on Sunday. Go to the USXC Facebook page for more information.
No club meeting this month. Next meeting will be on Monday, March 2.
Monday, Jan. 26: Club meeting will be held at Iron Horse Bar & Grill in Nevis at 7:00pm. Come join us!