Groomers did not go out this week, but riding has not changed seeing the weather has been colder. Forest trails are still good. The club ride for Hospice last weekend started in Two Inlets heading north to Spike's, Backwoods Bar & Grill, Laporte, and Walker and returned on the Heartland Trail. County Highway 4 was icy and Trail #32 (Coon Lake Trail) was icy due to logging. Beside these two areas, it was a great ride. Ride safe!
Akeley Cenex, Becida Bar & Grill, Casey's General Store, Clancy's at Vacationaire, Elbow Lake Store, Emmaville Inn, Huntersville Outpost, Ice Cracking Lodge, Northern Convenience, Northwoods Grocery & Cafe, OBT (Osage Bait & Tackle), Pinehurst Resort, Rock Creek General Store, Shell Sport & Bait, T&M Express, Two Inlets Country Store, and Woodland Store. Please note, gas is no longer available at Itasca Junction (closed) and Spike's.
Groomers will be out on the trails again tomorrow through the week. Cold temps have maintained the initial snow received in December. During this past week, the area has received another 6+ inches of snow, and it is still snowing…woo-hoo! Riders are reporting great snowmobiling! Be safe, have fun!
Groomer headed out on New Year’s Day and will be going all week. Trails are grooming up nicely where snowmobiles have packed down the snow. Itasca State Park trails are groomed and all Forest Riders Trails should be completed by Friday. Happy Riding!
The snowmobiling season for 2017 is starting out great! Since the first of December, we have received multiple days of snowfall, and it is snowing as I post this update! The groomers have been out each week making the trails great! Cold temperatures are thickening the ice on lakes and swamps, but please be careful.
Come enjoy our fantastic trail system and support the local businesses in our area!
JOIN THE FOREST RIDERS ON THEIR ANNUAL SNOWMOBILE CHARITY RIDE FOR HOSPICE TO MAHNOMEN!
Plan on meeting at Two Inlets Country Store at 10:00am and take off riding at 11:00am. To book a room at the Shooting Star Casino, call 1-800-453-7827.
- Rooms can be booked under the FOREST RIDERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB block. Room rate is $65 for a double-bed room.
- Pledge sheet are available at Affinity Real Estate Inc. in Park Rapids or email Lou at [email protected].
- Anyone obtaining $100 or more in donations receives a Forest Riders Snowmobile Club hat.
- Over $200 in donations receives a hat and one-year club membership plus MNUSA membership.
- Checks to be made out to the FOREST RIDERS SNOWMOBILE CLUB - put Park Rapids Hospice in memo.
- Pizza gathering will be at 6:00pm at the Shooting Star Casino…first come, first serve!
- Club meeting will be held after pizza at 7:30pm.
Questions? Call or email -
Sharon at 218-252-0085 or [email protected]
Lou at 218-820-5285 or [email protected]